August 06, 2008

Mid Week Reflections


I realised yesterday that I had better get moving on some of my challenge reading so I have started Wuthering Heights. This is a book that I have attempted to read before but I just couldn't get into it. I don't know if I expected it to be more like Jane Eyre but I started reading it last night and I only stopped because I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. Hopefully that means this time I will make it through - and enjoy it!
My other reading on the go at the moment is Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri. I do not usually enjoy reading short stories but these are completely amazing - I can't rave about them enough. I started reading this one when I went to Melbourne a few weeks ago and although I just want to fly through the book and consume these wonderful stories I also want to save them up! The constant brilliant book dilemma.

No comments: